|CONCORD, NC | AUGUST 19, 2020|
|Series: ARCA Menards Series East|
Track: Dover International Speedway
Race: General Tire 125 Duration: 125 laps / 125 miles
Segments: Segment one – at or near lap-35. Segment two – at or near lap-70.Date: Friday, August 21st Live Broadcast: TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold & MRN Radio – 2:00PM ET
Tape Delayed Broadcast: NBCSN – Friday, August 28 – 3:00PM ET
· SCHEDULE: Officials have scheduled a one-hour practice session Friday from 11:30AM to 12:30PM. They will set the starting lineup based off the fastest speeds in practice.
· MONSTER MILE FIRSTS: Firday’s race will mark the first time either Diaz or Heim have competed at the infamous 1-mile concrete track affectionately known as the Monster Mile
.· HELLO OLD FRIEND: After a strong top-five finish last year at Dover, Drew Dollar is excited to visit the track for a second time and use his experience to chase Miles the Monster
· WELCOME DRYDENE: Drydene lubricants will be the primary sponsor of Mason Diaz and the No. 25 team at Dover. For decades Drydene lubricants have been made in America and made to last, paving the way on our highways, in our fields and on the production line. And we’re still right here today doing what we do best; heling America Get the Job Done. Drydene products are built with ALL Technology, Advanced Lubricity Life chemistry, to meet and exceed today’s modern automotive, heavy duty and industrial needs.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camryo Corey Heim – No. 20 Craftsman, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camryo Mason Diaz – No. 25 Drydene, Craftsman Toyota Camry
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:o
Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #PoweringChampions
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
“I am excited to head to Dover (International Speedway) this weekend, as it is a track I have raced on before and run really well at. It ended up being one of my favorite races last season and I think with the addition of practice on Friday, we will be able to get our Sunbelt Rentals, Toyota Camry to victory lane.”
Corey Heim – No. 20 Craftsman, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Really excited to get going with my Venturini Motorsports team this weekend. Dover (International Speedway) should be a tough track to tame but I’m confident Billy (Venturini) and I will get everything dialed in and put a great run together with our Toyota Camry.”
Mason Diaz – No. 25 Drydene, Craftsman Toyota Camry
“I’m looking forward to working with my Venturini Motorsports team heading to Dover (International Speedway) this weekend. We have had speed all year, but not the finishes needed to show for it. Hopefully we can have a solid finish as I will be carrying the Drydene colors for the first time for their huge weekend at the track. If we execute and focus we will be able to show speed in my Drydene, Toyota Camry.”
|ABOUT VENTURINI MOTORSPORTS|
With over 65 victories, the 2019 ARCA Menards Series champions, Venturini Motorsports, are an official Toyota Racing Development team, and have been a permanent fixture in the ARCA Menards Series since 1983 and are considered one of the early pioneers in NASCAR driver development programs.
Since Joey Logano, the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup champion, raced for the team in 2007, VMS has gone onto assist many of the sports’ top driver prospects in pursuit of making it to the highest levels of stock car racing.
The growing list of drivers racing today in one of NASCAR’s top-three touring series include current Toyota drivers Erik Jones, Christopher Bell, Harrison Burton, Christian Eckes, Chandler Smith, Brandon Jones, Todd Gilliland, Brennan Poole, Ryan Reed and Natalie Decker. VMS Alumni also include Joey Logano, William Byron, Ryan Blaney, Alex Bowman, Daniel Suarez, Bubba Wallace, Matt Tifft, Noah Gragson, Justin Allgaier and Justin Haley.