Series: ARCA Menards Series
Track: Iowa Speedway
Race: Shore Lunch 150
Duration: 100 laps / 150 miles
Segments: Segment one – at or near lap 50
TV/Radio: 4:30PM CT MAVTV and TrackPass on NBC Gold
· THE FASTEST SHORT TRACK ON THE PLANET: The 7/8-mile Iowa Speedway is the quickest track on the 10-race Sioux Chief Showdown schedule and will mark the third stop on the 10-race Showdown quest.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Toyota Camry
o Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
o Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· CLIMB THAT FENCE: Michael Self earned an infamous ARCA Menards Series West (formerly NASCAR K&N Pro Series West) victory at the famed short track in 2013. His victory marked the first time a West competitor had edged out an East competitor in the annual combination race. Self celebrated by climbing the front stretch fence!
· FIRST IOWA WIN: After leading an impressive 140 of 150 laps in Iowa last July, Chandler Smith provided Venturini Motorsports with their first win at the Newton, Iowa track.
· SCHEDULE: The Shore Lunch 150 will have a limited practice session from 1-2:00PM on Saturday.
· A FAMILIAR FACE: After making an East Series start at the facility last season, Drew Dollar is eager to tackle a track he’s gained some familiarity with. Dollar started 10th in 2019 and came home seventh.
· DOUBLE HEADER: Saturday’s ARCA race will be part of a weekend full of racing, featuring the NTT INDYCAR Series on back-to-back nights – Friday and Saturday.
· STARTING LINEUP: The starting field for the Shore Lunch 150 will be set by 2020 Sioux Chief Showdown Owners Points. By virtue of points, Chandler Smith will roll off first, followed by Self in second and Dollar in eighth.
· SIOUX CHIEF SHOWDOWN: Marking the third of a 10-race schedule within the season, the Shore Lunch 150 will bring the ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East and ARCA Menards Series West competitors together once more. Chandler Smith, who has won both events so far this season, Phoenix Raceway and Lucas Oil Raceway, currently sits first atop the leaderboard.
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
o Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
o Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
o Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
o Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Construction Company Toyota Camry
“Iowa Speedway is one of the few tracks on the schedule this year that I’ve been to before. I had a lot of fun racing the East Series race there last year. Looking forward to getting back to a track I am familiar with and working with my Venturini Motorsports guys to put our Camry up front.”
Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
“I’m looking forward to getting to Iowa Speedway and defending our performance from last year. Our JBL Toyota should be really good and I am looking forward to a good weekend with my Venturini Motorsports crew.”
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Iowa Speedway has always been one of my favorite tracks. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve raced there, but every time I get the opportunity to, I always look forward to it. It’s just a good track for racing. It has multiple grooves that can be run, a couple of bumps that you have to know how to navigate, and tire management is definitely important. I feel like I’ve had a great shot to win the ARCA race there each of the last three years, but have had an issue every time. Hopefully this year we can avoid any setbacks and have a shot at getting back to victory lane.”
ABOUT VENTURINI MOTORSPORTS
With over 65 victories, the 2019 ARCA Menards Series champions, Venturini Motorsports, are an official Toyota Racing Development team, and have been a permanent fixture in the ARCA Menards Series since 1983 and are considered one of the early pioneers in NASCAR driver development programs.
Since Joey Logano, the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup champion, raced for the team in 2007, VMS has gone onto assist many of the sports’ top driver prospects in pursuit of making it to the highest levels of stock car racing.
The growing list of drivers racing today in one of NASCAR’s top-three touring series include current Toyota drivers Erik Jones, Christopher Bell, Harrison Burton, Christian Eckes, Chandler Smith, Brandon Jones, Todd Gilliland, Brennan Poole, Ryan Reed and Natalie Decker. VMS Alumni also include Joey Logano, William Byron, Ryan Blaney, Alex Bowman, Daniel Suarez, Bubba Wallace, Matt Tifft, Noah Gragson, Justin Allgaier and Justin Haley.
Credit: Venturini Motorsports